- Category: aim
- Published Date
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 807
AIM believes that a management institute should be involved mainly in four areas of functioning i.e., teaching, training, research and consultancy. AIM has imparted training to hundred of participants from government, public and private sector. In addition AIM has also offered consultancy services to a number of organizations in government, private and public sector
In the Academic Year 2012-2013, the institute is involved in the following activities
An indicative list of activities conducted by the institute in the last few years in the areas of training, research and consultancy is given below
- The Institute has been conducting in-house Executive Development Programmes for officers of the IOCL (BGR).Sponsored by the Ministry of Company Affairs, the Institute has been organizing a one day programme on Investor Awareness
- The Ministry of DONER, New Delhi, asked the Assam Institute of Management to conduct Capacity Building Programmes for the preparation of Detailed project Reports (DPRs) and Project Management Techniques (PMTs) for officers of the State Governments of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Nagaland and Mizoram.
- At the request of the Assam Police, AIM organized a special motivational workshop for the Trainee Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP). A total of 43 trainees attended the four- day programme held from 30th June to 3rd July 2004. A number of 4 day programmes on marketing orientation for officers of the Fishery department was held at the Institute of Directorate of Fisheries for 16th February to 19th February 2005.
- Following the formation of Bodoland Territory Area Districts (BTAD) and announcement of a Development package of worth rs.500 Crores, the Ministry of Development of NE Region (DONER) asked the AIM to prepare an action Plan for the Infrastructure Development of the BTAD.
- As required by SBI, the Institute carried an assessment of a detailed project report prepared by a leading private hospital of Guwahati that had applied to the SBI for a loan for setting up a multi-specialty Hospital cum Medical College in lower Assam. The institute conducted a marketing feasibility study for another upcoming hospital in Guwahati.
- The Gauhati Stock Exchange entrusted the Institute with a study to rejuvenate the GSE in context of the liberalization of the economy, introduction of screen based trading and the drastic changes in the norms of listing operations of the Regional Stock Exchanges.
- The Institute has assisted the Diphu Government College to draw up the syllabi for vocational courses in different job oriented disciplines.
- Monitoring and Evaluation consultancy of Assam Rural Infrastructure & Agricultural Services Project (ARIASP), funded by World Bank. This project was evaluated in collaboration with IIM Lucknow.
- Comprehensive study to evolve effective planning strategy for the development of Scheduled Castes of Assam for Ministry of Social justice and Empowerment.
- Impact Assessment study of mechanization of agriculture in Assam. " Work force review study of Public Health Centres in Assam (European Commission).
- The Institute conducted a comprehensive study of Dhemaji district on the north bank of Brahmaputra river in upper Assam and prepared a Strategic Development Plan for the district. The Institute also helped the district planning officials in preparing the District Development Plan under RSVY plan of the central Government.
- The Institute organized a week long Personnel Contact programme (PCP) for Nicholas Piramol India Ltd., where the participants constituted the senior and middle level executives and service representatives of Nicholas Piramal India Ltd. All India Management Association (AIMA) commissioned AIM as a nodal centre for its different PCP of various companies. The institute conducted similar programme for Wockhardt Limited.
- A study of Training and Development efforts of SLPE of Assam.
- Socio economic survey for the control of shifting cultivation of Karbi Anglong District.
- Market survey for NIVAZ Brand Mustard Oil.
- Institute has conducted Milk Consumer's Survey in eight districts of Assam in collaboration with International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) Nairobi, for the Assam Agricultural Competitiveness project of World Bank.
- Under IIPC awarded by AICTE, Institute has conducted a study on organizational structure of AMTRON. Also under this cell Institute has conducted training programmes on computer aided project management for the Class-I officers of Nagaland Government at ATI Kohima. Three days training programme on Six Sigma for the engineers of different organizations were also conducted in 2007.
- MDP for Tourism service providers, where participants are Govt. officials from Assam and Arunachal Tourism with different travel agency as participants. The Institute has conducted several training programmes and workshops including one international workshop in the area of tourism and eco-tourism
Training currently the institute is involved in conducting training for the Honorable Guwahati High Court and Deptt