Start Here select your interest here
We wish to see our graduates grow as managers with a sense of Social Responsibility
The scholarship scheme was introduced from the academic year 1992-93 to encourage
We have the best places for you. Just take a look.
Alumni at IT University have more that to show off...
Latest News read on what's happeing at AIM
Final list of PGDM admissions 2013-152013-01-15 09:57:00
Results of Admission Test held on 3RD AND 4TH MARCH 2013 |Details|…
2nd Phase Admission Last date 29th May2013-01-05 09:57:01
Admission Announcement for 2nd Phase Last date 29th May| Details…
AIM newsletter AIMULET2011-03-08 09:57:00
AIM is presenting its latest Newsletter aimulet, Download Here…
Results Declared for Admission in to2011-02-08 09:57:15
6 Months Retail Management certificate Admission |details|…
Institute Facts why recruit at Assam Institute of Management
A+++ by CRISIL the international reputed rating aggregate Acclaimed by External Rankings
C omprehensive Course Content,The AIM PGDBM programme is run in line with the IIMs
Rigorous Selection Process
100%Placement by Leading Corporates as Recruiters
- Category: PGDBM Program
- Published Date
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 208
The AIM two year Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management (PGDBM) programme is designed by an Academic Council, formed by the Government of Assam. The programme is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), a Statutory Body of the Government of India for approving such courses. The AIM PGDBM programme follows the same pattern adopted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs). The papers have been selected and de-signed after taking help from leading management educators and practitioners.
At the initiative of the Governing Body of AIM two distinguished Professor of IIM (Calcutta) reviewed the course design and based on their suggestion, AIM has redesigned and renamed some papers. Some of the papers offered in the Assam Institute of Management are unique by themselves; not generally found in the curriculum of most management institutes in the country.
The detailed syllabi are given to each student before the commencement of the course.
Each academic year is divided into three terms, each term being called a trimester. Thus there would be six trimesters in the entire programme of two years. Each of the 6 trimesters would be of about 13 weeks.
The first year curriculum would be common to all the students. The second year would contain core papers and optional papers leading to dual specialization.
The core and optional courses are so designed that each term builds upon the courses taught in the previous term, as well as the field experience. Formal classroom sessions are supplemented by frequent guest lecturers from visiting scholars, practitioners, administrators and organization leaders. In addition, the students would have to frequently carry out field studies that would involve outdoor works.
It has to be borne in mind by the applicants that the two-year PGDBM programme would be very heavy and demanding in nature. Right from day one, the participants would be subjected to a heavy workload. Normally three or four sessions would be held in a day, but the participants would have to devote equal amount of time everyday for self-study. Therefore, it is imperative that those who are keen to join in the Assam Institute of Management are willing to work hard, are ready to make minor sacrifices and would devote most of their next two years to their studies and the various course requirements.
- Participants admitted to the Two Year programme would not be allowed to join any other course of study or allowed to appear in any other examination.
- Participants admitted to this programme would not be allowed to join fulltime job during the course of the programme. Any student found violating this stipulation would be immediately expelled from the course. Even for part-time jobs, prior approval of the Director would be necessary.
- Please note original certificates and mark sheets would be required only if they are short-listed for GD/ Interview. Only copies of Mark sheet need to be attached with the application.
- Applicants are requested to make sure they fulfill all eligibility requirements. Admission to the written test is at applicants' own risk and will not automatically render them eligible for consideration for admission if at later stage is found that any applicant does not meet the eligibility criteria. 'NO REFUND OF FEES PAID WOULD BE POSSIBLE'.
- Applicants must submit copies of their Scores of the tests conducted at national level , call letters etc. and any other relevant documents to substantiate their candidature along with their AIM application form. It may be clearly understood that the institute would reserve the right to evaluate these on the basis of criteria set for the same by the Institute itself. Mere submission of these would not automatically render an applicant eligible to be short-listed for final selection.
- THE DECISIONS OF THE DIRECTOR OF THE INSTITUTE SHALL BE FINAL AND BINDING IN MATTERS RELATING TO ADMISSION. ALL LEGAL MATTERS WILL BE SUBJECT TO GUWAHATI JURISDIC-TION ONLY.
- Candidates selected for admission to the course will be informed about the date by which they must complete the admission formalities. If they fail to do, their admission may be withdrawn.
- The interpretation of the Director of the Assam Institute of Management in respect of all clauses in this Prospectus shall be final and binding.
- Candidates who secure admission to the institute by furnishing false information will be removed from the programme immediately on detection of the same and fees etc., already paid would not be refunded to them.
- If an applicant who has been selected to join the programme fails to join the programme or abandons the programme mid-way, he/she will not be refunded any fee etc. paid by him/her.